Wednesday 4 January 2017

Transforming 2017~Free Coaching~Rewards..A last little slice of Christmas


 I ate the last slice of my home made Christmas cake tonight. I love making Christmas cake and I also love eating it!
 To me making the cake is an inexpensive and pleasurable ritual I like to do every year.
I celebrate Christmas in a  simple way and do not put myself under pressure by spending a fortune on gifts or going to events that I won't enjoy but I do see the point of creating regular and pleasurable rituals in your life at certain times of year.
These rituals do not need to centre around food. I make the cake because I do not spend very much time making cakes during the year and I find it really satisfying choosing the ingredients and making the cake. Each cake comes out differently, as I vary the ingredients each time.
Life can get a little routine sometimes and celebrating key seasons in ways that make you happy seems like a really good idea to me.
I do not believe in putting pressure on yourself to achieve something that you don't enjoy.
Only create rituals in your life that reward you, energise you and make you happy.
It may be that you love going to the beach on a certain day each year or you like to go camping in a particular season.
What things do you enjoy doing? When do you like to do them? See if you can make time for them in your life to break up the everyday routine.
I would love to hear what your favourite rituals are. Please comment in the box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment