Tuesday 17 November 2015

Step 10 Difficult people as teachers

Have you noticed that wherever you work there often seems to be at least one or two people who somehow always manage to push your buttons or trying to show you up?
From time to time I have found this and when it happens I ask myself the following question, ' What is this person teaching me?'
When someone criticises me I listen to what they are saying and consider if there may be any truth in what they are saying.
If I think they do have a point I can thank them for their feedback and learn from what they have said.
If there seems to be no truth in what they are saying I can still say,'maybe you are right.'
Challenging people do not expect this sort of reaction and it can be quite disarming.
They will often walk off and leave you alone if they do not get the reaction that they were aiming for.
Sometimes people come across as moody or bossy at first but after getting to know them properly you begin to see their good qualities.
Sometimes we clash with people because they are so different from us and sometimes we find people difficult because they are so similar.
Getting to know people we initially find difficult can be very rewarding.
It can teach us a lot about them and a lot about ourselves.


This is step 10 from my book '100 Free Ways To Happier Days!'

No comments:

Post a Comment