Monday 30 November 2015

it's nearly December!

I love December. I like the Christmas lights that people display in and around their houses. I love the Christmas break having time to rest and reflect on the year that is so nearly past.
I love making the cake and pudding and decorating the tree. I don't get caught up in the commercial side.
I love the cosy nights in and the walks in the crisp cool air.
Every season has its joys and taking time to appreciate the things that change around you is very beneficial. I really love writing in the winter, sitting indoors cosy and warm listening to the wind whistling outside as I type.
A lot of people have the chance to meet up with friends and family in December. It is also a great time of year to curl up with a good book!

1 comment:

  1. I have woken up excited because my sister said I could open her gift to me on December 1st. It is an advent string with 24 pockets, each containing a teabag and an inspirational quote. Today's quote by Charles M Shultz is ' Happiness is a warm puppy.' She has also sent me a beautiful teapot and teacup. What a thoughtful gift!🎄 🎁

    ReplyDelete