Sunday 6 December 2015

Ben Fogle

I love watching the Ben Fogle programmes with people living in wild places all over the world. The current series is about people choosing to leave the 'rat-race' to live dream lives in the world. The episode I am currently watching a programme where a couple live with their eight children and Ben is being asked to sleep in a nearby shepherds hut. The countryside is beautiful and the family are sitting together eating Shepherds Pie. They drink water from a stream and the fire heats the water, provides the heating and dries the clothes. The mother gave birth to her eighth child beside the fire.
It always makes me happy to learn of people who question the norm and decide to live a life that makes them happy. We all have different dreams so each dream-life will vary but it is so important that people are happy in their lives doing things that give them purpose.
Ollie is sleeping beside me as I watch and I realise that things don't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment